Marriage License Information
Requirements for a marriage license issued by Holt County
- Both applicants must be at least 17 years of age. You cannot marry in Nebraska if you are under 17.
- Parental consent required for applicants who are 17 or 18 years of age. The parental consent forms are available at the County Clerk's office.
- One form of identification is required -i.e. Drivers license or Passport.
- Need to know birthplace of bride and groom.
- Need full names and birthplaces of both parents.
- The bride and groom must provide their Social Security Numbers, if they have one. Applicants who do not have a Social Security Number must complete a form provided by the Clerk asserting they do not have a Social Security Number.
- If the applicant had a previous marriage, we will need to know the date the marriage ended. (Date of divorce degree or date of death)
- No blood test is required.
- Licenses are good for one year from date of issuance. Therefore, they have to be married within that year or they need to apply again.
- A couple may apply for their license in any county in Nebraska and use it to be married in any other Nebraska county.
To receive a Holt County certified marriage license, send a $5.00 check or money order and the following information:
Name of Groom/Party A.
Name of Bride/Party B (including maiden name)
Month /day/year of marriage.
(Must have been issued in Holt County for us to send a copy)
Holt County Clerk
PO Box 329
O'Neill, NE 68763
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Clerk’s Page